What better on these frigid 65 degree Los Angeles winter nights than a cocktail that will warm both body and soul? A variation on that 1950s swinger party classic the Hot Toddy, I humbly submit for your review, the, well, 21st Century Hot Toddy.
- 12oz Ginger beer – use a spicy one like Reed’s, Bundaberg, or Fentiman’s
- 1Tbsp Honey
- 2oz Bourbon Whiskey
- Lemon wedge
- Cinnamon stick
- In a saucepan over low heat, warm the ginger beer until hot but not boiling.
- While the ginger beer is warming, mix the bourbon and honey in a fine rustic ceramic mug.
- Carefully add half the hot ginger beer to the mug (use the rest for a second serving or a refill).
- Briskly stir the cocktail until bourbon, ginger beer, and honey are well-mixed.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and lemon wedge. You can re-use the cinnamon stick for multiple cocktails.
Enjoy naked under a blanket with a good friend in front of a crackling fire.